Second month of 2015, check out the most interesting things I've seen in the modelling blogosphere:
- Manfred Von Richthofen by Joel Guillamón: I liked this vampirized version of the Red Baron.
- Battle of Thermopylae, 480 B.C by Antonio Peña: This bust based on the 300 spartans is absolutely magnificent. Great painting and conversion.
- Herzog Wilhelm von Bayer by Kirill Kanaev: Kirill strikes again with a historical miniature, beautiful.
- Roman General (Gladiator) Young Miniatures : Another bust from the Korean company painted by Kirill.
- Arcadia Quest painted by Rémy Tremblay: One of the latest trend is painting boardgame miniatures to a showcase standard. Remy is doing Arcadia Quest. Beautiful! You can find more here, here and here. Stay tuned because it looks like he is going to paint the full set in the next few weeks!
- Latest sculptures from Rémy Tremblay: Apart from his paintjobs of Arcadia Quest, we have also seen Rémy updating his blog with his last sculpting works. Here you have Thorley, but also this miniature from Blood Rage, or this one. Check out the blog because they are all little marvels, as usual.
- Littlefinger and the Iron Throne by Flameon: The force from Game of Thrones is quite strong in this one.
- Border Reiver and Iroquois by Ernesto Reyes: A couple of new minis painted by Ernest: The Border Reiver and the Iroquois.
- Sentinelle du Culte in Le Blog dé Kouzes: It's been a few years since I stopped playing 40k with my Imperial Guard, but I remember the Sentinels dearly, and this conversion is very cool.
- Life/Death by amon_chakai: A few months ago we saw his first Magic/Miniature creation, but this one is better than the previous one. Absolutely amazing idea! So cool!
- Trollslayer by Banshee: According to him, one of the most difficult commissions he has ever done. And that is quite a statement! Brilliant work as always.
- Nosferatu bust by Aris Kolokontes: I don't usually bring you bigger "miniatures", but the work of Aris demanded me showing this in the month's list.
- The Muse of Death by Thomas David: Thomas returns to his own miniature line, Agora Miniatures, with this wonderful miniature.
- Parawn by Roberto Chaudon: Roberto keeps working hard for Mierce Miniatures, this dragon is well proof of it!
Articles and tutorials
- Paul's modelling workshop: This is quite an old post, but I just saw it recently. Check out this dreamland for any modeller!
- Project Nurgle by David Soper: Project Nurgle continues (part 7 and more) in Sproket's Small World.
- Simple High Elf freehands tutorial: This article might be helpful for those starting their way on simple freehands.
- Viking shield explained in Coloured Dust: How to paint a viking shield (for a bust).
- Flower Witch and Warlord for Kingdom Death: Tons of goodies from the great Thomas David for KD.
- Painting Wood in DieVincis blog: Simple tutorial on painting wood.
- Aran the Barbarian by Roman Lappat: Another one of those tutorials you have to read from Massive Vooodoo.
- Prevent Super Glue from drying: The simplest solution possible to prevent headaches with Super Glue.