October has ended, and this point in time marks the middle of what we call the "contest season". Tons of stuff to review! Let's see:
- High Elf Tyrion by Arsies: Absolutely amazing conversion by Arsies on commission, the conversion is simple yet super effective and the painting stunning as usual. I like it so much that I will probably attempt a similar version myself.
- Menuda Mañanita by JJ Barrena: JJ has created this diorama of a dragonslayer converted from a historical miniature. You can find it in Rafa Coll's blog.
- Sharki, Random Encounter and Airtis by Martin Goumaz: Minis superbly painted right out of the box by Martin that you can find in his blog Cows and Chocolate.
- Space Wolves Terminator by Flameon: This polish painter really digs clean and smooth blendings. Check it in this simple yet awesomely painted Space Wolf.
- Barbarian Dude by C'tan: Very interesting version of this wonderful sculpture, with some minor conversions to make it unique.
- Otherworld Giant by Bohun: Amazing paintjob by Bohun on this old school giant.
- Elrond by Emuse: Enrique really knows how to break our hearts.
- Forest Run by Fantasygames: Incredible diorama presented in the Hussar 2015 competition.
Articles and Tutorials
- Millenium Falcon by Ben Komets: The Painting Buddha channel brings you this video tutorial on how to paint your own X-Wing miniatures Millenium Falcon to the highest standard.
- Ragnok, Orc Norse Hero tutorials by Roman Lappat: Roman paints two versions of this bust sculpted by Raffaele Picca and show us all how he did it (version 1, version 2). Very valuable stuff you will see here!
- Led Lights for painting by bijou: Bijou explains how to make your own led lamp based on leds on a stripe. Very useful, a different type of lamp!
- Miniatures artist Randy Hage: Very interesting review of the work of Randy Hage, in this case, a series of hyper realistic NYC storefront dioramas.
- Chimera vs Bellerophon by Roman Lappat: Seemed like Roman would never finish this project, but he did recently, and now you can see an amazing step by step tutorial on how he did it. (Part 1, Part 2)
- Rebuilding the base by Michael Hansen: Cool work you can do on a base by Michael Hansen in the blog 5th Dimension.
- Building a miniature painting table by Massive Voodoo: The guys at MV have done some renovations in the studio. Check out how they built the table of this miniature painter heaven.
- Creating a Fantasy base in Massive Voodoo: Oli (Honorguard) takes us through the tough process of building a big base for a fantasy themed diorama.
- Red Riding Hood, Nuts Planet: Amazing concept art by Expix brought to miniature by Nelya Vivitska.
- Anne Bonny, Nuts Planet: Amazing art by Pepa Saavedra of this bust sculpted by Jun-sik Ahn.
- Moloch the Mountain Giant: Figone strikes again with the crowdfunding of this giant modelled beautifully by Allan Carrasco.
- Redghar, Black Sailors: Revealed this wonderul orc pirate painted by Ruben Martínez, Big Child Creatives.
Events and reports
- III Concurso Modelismo Montijo: Report by Elinhir on the Portuguese contest in Eureka Minis.
- United Kingdom Garage Kit show: Report on Mr. Lee's Painting Emporium by Kyle Cruickshank.
- Scale Model Challenge 2015: Report on Corvus' Miniatures by Gerrie Schenck.
- Scale Model Challenge 2015: Report on dieVincis blog.
- Hussar 2015: Report on Mini Paint Lab's facebook page.