And the year begins with another great set of things to Do Not Miss!
You may have noticed that the Blog has been quite silent lately. This is something temporary, as there is some major work in the background being done at the moment. I am deeply remodelling the blog and therefore the usual content from my part is taking a toll. I will report with news for the site very soon! Stay tuned! In the meantime... Do Not miss...
- Boudica, Battle of Watling Street by Roman Lappat: A historical bust from Pedro Fernádez nicely painted by Roman.
- Lady Administrator Itela Justina and cherub Jael by Sanislav Kurilenko: Crazy attention to detail and freehands on this one.
- Space Eldar Army, Farseers and Warlocks on jetbikes by River: More stuff for this incredible army Nadya is painting. The owner is a very lucky person!
- Mother of Dragons by Pepa Saavedra: Very nice bust painted by Pepa, shown in Rafa Coll's Blog.
- Gob'z'Heroes painted by Martin Goumaz: Some of the Gob'z'Heroes kickstarter minis superbly painted by Martin.
- The Lion Knight (the First) and the Witch Disciples by Thomas David: Thomas updates his site with some sculptures he made some time ago for Kingdom Death.
- Dark Cave Beauty by Ringil: Marina paints this great miniature from Dark Sword and here she shows us her thoughts on the process.
- Celtic Wanderer, by Romain Van Den Bogaert: Another really nice sculpture by Romain, coming soon commercially by Black Sun Miniatures.
- Young Yoda, by Ben Komets: Very creative conversion by Ben Komets from a Samurai Bust into the little green master from Star Wars.
- Ninja, by Ben Komets: Cool version of Kill Bill's "The Bride" by Ben Komets based on a Ninja miniature from Terrible Kids Stuff.
- Swedish militia , Battle of Wisby 1361, by Олег Погосян: Tremendous sculpt of this swedish soldier. I simply love it.
- The Hobgoblin, alternative box art by Arnau Lazaro: Really nice painting on the first release of Beyond Miniatures.
- WWI German stormtrooper, by Kirill Kanaev: And yet another great paintjob by Kirill of a new bust from Young Miniatures.
Articles and Tutorials
- Tact and Hardness of sculpting materiales in Legion of the Cow: The legion has a series of articles on making the transition from miniature painter to sculptor, check it out!
- Legolas by Karaikal: David Rodríguez shares this article about how he painted this Legolas in Legion of the Cow.
- Ork Warboss with attack squig by River: Parts 2 and 3 of the process of painting this ork, by Nadya.
- How to draw a map in miniature by Pepe Gallardo: Photo tutorial on painting a miniature map (texts in Spanish)
- How to sculpt a Warmachine Style Weapon by Alex Nemes: Nice tutorial showing how to sculpt a nice fantasy weapon.
- Working with string in Massive Voodoo: Tips and tricks on using strings and thread on your miniatures. Comes with no strings attached! (bad pun intended... XD)
- Mad Max Pow! by Bijou: Follow Sergio on his road to the wasteland after the Mad Max Car Contest 2 of Massive Voodoo.
- Creating a scenic base by Peter Müller: Peter shows us how to create a dark and rusty environment.
- Abalam Prince of Hell by David Soper: Follow David's journey to hell and heaven with this miniature (Parts 1 and 2).
- Painting Commodore Borgossa part 3 by David Soper: Last installment of David's series on Commodore Borgossa.
- Creating Simple Focus on a Miniature by Meg Maples: Thoughts on attracting attention to different parts of your miniatures.
- C/A applicator reviewed by Arbal: This little tool is actually quite a useful thing to have at your disposal.
- Desertic Base in Eureka Minis: Sergio (Bijou) explains painting a desert base, the environment for a 54 mm Tau Firewarrior.
- Lights for your cabinets in Eureka Minis: Learn how to install some LED lamps for your miniature cabinets.
- Shamanic Women, Black Crow Miniatures: Sculpted by Romain Van den Bogaert, painted by Isidro Moñux/Pepa Saavedra.
- Mediterraneo, Aradia Miniatures: Sculpted by Joaquin Palacios.
- Old Barbarian, Black Sun Miniatures: Sculpted by Joaquin Palacios.
- Surt, Scale 75: Sculpted by Laslo Forgach and painted by Julio Cabos.
- Ivonne, Draconia: Painted by Marc Masclans.
Events and reports
- Community Project: Zombies in Massive Voodoo: Do not miss Roman and Bene's community project. It's going to be awesome! And lots of zombies! Lots!