September is ending, everyone is going back to school! Don't forget to pack your favourite miniatures, brushes and paint pots!
New changes on the Do Not Miss from now on. There is a specific section now on new releases from commercial brands, I think it is worth separating new releases and box arts from the rest of the cool miniatures that I find around the network. I'm also considering adding another section about videos, now that painting miniature videos are becoming a huge trend. But that will be in the next month probably...
Also, this month you may have seen that I didn't post anything on the blog. Normal life called to arms, so sadly I didn't have time to put on the blog. Probably this is the first time that this happens in years. Hopefully next month will not follow this horrific trend of late! In the meantime, here you go, the essential links for this month:
- Gutrot Spume by David Soper: Finally, the finished photos of this wonderful version of Gutrot Spume by David Soper. He is building a Nurgle army, at this level?? Crazy!! I'm so excited about it!
- Roboute Guilliman by Flameon: The Primarch of the Ultramarines mini is wonderful and extremely detailed, and Flameon has done a legendary job on it. Amazing use of colours!
- Space Hulk Terminator test by Arsies: I have my box of Space Hulk lying around, I definitely should take it out someday. Javi is always motivating me to do stuff!
- Oldhammer glories by Ringil: Marina shows us some superbly painted miniatures from old editions of Warhammer. Old school glory!
Articles and Tutorials
- Painting stone by C'tan in Fantasy Games: The polish painter shows us how to approach a base featuring a stone staircase.
- Painting Kirpal's face on Minotauro Studio: Instructive tutorial on painting a face in Minotauro Studio.
- How to use Vallejo Brush Cleaner in Coloured Dust: Simple but interesting article nonetheless. Have you ever used it properly?
- How to make miniature mushrooms in Fantasygames: C'tan explains us a very simple way of making tiny mushrooms for your bases.
- How to become a good figure painter in Eurekaminis: Simple advice that will really help you improve your skills towards your goal.
- Planting season in Wappelville: James Wappel shows us some tips on using jungle plants in our miniatures.
- Metallics and rust in a Rat Ogre by Dellolyn: Check out some nice metallics and rust in this article by Michael in the blog 5th Dimension.
- Abandoned house tutorial by Elinhir: Get some more basing ideas with this tutorial in Eureka minis.
- Crush your enemies, Midnight Miniatures: Barbarian sculpted by Joaquin Palacios, and painted by Emuse.
- Torgar, Terrible Kids Stuff: Another barbarian, also sculpted by Joaquin Palacios, and painted beautifully by Fabrizio Russo in quite a strong Frazzeta style.
- Drusil and Sheenay, Draconia: Marc Masclans paints these two new girls from Draconia. I especially like the sorceress!
- Tenzing the Hunter, Black Crow: This bust of a halfling hunter is sculpted by Lucas Pina based on a design by Guillermo González and painted by Isidro Moñux.
- Paradise Lost, the Fallen Angel by Roberto Chaudon: Very interesting Bust by Roberto. The wings form a very cool framework that can be used for any type of efect you might think of.
Events and reports
- Euromilitaire 2015: Report on Mr. Lee's Painting Emporium by Kyle Cruickshank.