Seems like the heat is working well for the miniature painting community. July was full of new minis, iniatiatives and cool ideas all around!
- July best of Facebook in Eurekaminis: The already traditional list of best things seen in Facebook during June and July.
- Forever Young by Roman Lappat: Another bust by Roman, from Fer Miniatures.
- Viking sculpt by Matthieu: I can't wait to see this genious sculpture from Matthieu finished.
- Frenzied Srok by Roberto Chaudon: This crocodile looks quite dangerous! More stuff for Mierce Miniatures by Roberto.
- Tauriel, Wood Elf by Ringil: Marina paints this Tauriel from The Hobbit, but you won't probably recognize Evangeline Lilly in this piece. I love the colours!
- Faun, Nature Spirit by Roman Lappat: Great bust converted from the original sculpture by Pedro Fernández.
- Olfo Fast Feet by Emuse: Seems like Enrique really has the trick to paint extraordinary halflings and dwarves.
- Rogue Pirate, La Española 1670, Fer Miniatures: Amazing pirate bust by Fer Miniatures, sculpted by Pedro Fernández and painted by Fernando Ruiz.
- Papa Jambo bust, Big Child Creatives: Probably the coolest paintjob I saw this month. Marc Masclans is on fire! The sculpture is a work from Hugo Briones.
- Anonymous bust by Francesco Farabi: Franciuus version of Banshee's bust. Also part of the project to raise money for Poppy. What a cool paintjob!
- Jomarthbay the allmighty and his brilliant mustaches by Kirill Kanaev: Kirill also paints Banshee's bust and creates his unique and all personal crazy version that will blow your mind!
- Draconia warrioress by Bohun: Bohun also collaborates in Poppy's fundraising project with this impressively painted miniature from Draconia. Great silver NMM!
Articles and Tutorials
- Stripping paint by Meg Maples: I also do not reccommend stripping paint from figures but if that is something you really need to do, then this might help.
- Step by step Leonardo by Roman Lappat: Cyril Roquelaine released a set of Ninja Turtle busts, here's Roman's version of Leonardo. Step by step!
- Painting Buddha goes Patreon: Painting Buddha needs your help to continue delivering videos to the community and they have organized this Patreon that will help them through the rough times!
- The Defenders of Hexoatl display by Steve Foote: Extraordinary display and explanation on how to build it. Very cool!
- How to paint USAriadna by Ángel Giraldez: Link to a tutorial by Ángel on the new USAriadna troops from Infinity. Check more on his facebook page!
- Custom made tool to sand miniatures in Eurekaminis: Very interesting idea to create a useful tool to sand minis.
- Project Nurgle part 16 by David Soper: We've been following this project for quite some time now and it seems this article summarizes all the intention behind it. I am deeply in love with this idea!
- Wall base tutorial in Eurekaminis: This small tutorial to build a wall in a base is quite useful.