Monday, March 7, 2011

Éowyn, Sword of Rohan

This is my painted version of Éowyn, which I decided to paint because of an agreement made with my friend Elías Alonso (Morsa). He would paint the same figure, using the same colours, but distributing them differently. I used red for the hair, green for the clothes and purple for the vest. Elías on the contrary used red for the clothes, green for the vest and purple for the hair. Anyway, both versions turned out really fine. Elías' one even won Gold on GD Spain 2009.

Link to coolminiornot: http://coolminiornot.com/273298

11 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Very nice. I particually like the way you have painted her face.
Greetings
paul

Juan said...

Que chula, me encantan los colores

Dark Tower said...

Love the colour scheme and the way you played with light. Well done, man!

Simon Modrow said...

Very good! Nice colours, nice base and a very well done face!

Dakan said...

Great job! ....I realy love hair. :)

Anonymous said...

Can I ask how do you made the plants?
Not the Grass, the ehm, the other... With leaves. Damn, how should i call it...?

Rafael García Marín said...

It's all made with stuff bought on a store, I don't really know which brand or anything, I just collected random plants and leaves bought from modelling stores and I have bags of these so I can use on bases. I can't really help you more my friend, I'm sorry about that. :(

Anonymous said...

Ok, but thanks for trying and answering.

Btw: Great miniature, absolutely stunning :-)

Werner Kellens said...

Amazing paintjob! I really like the sword and face. Is the sword NMM? How did you do the face?

Rafael García Marín said...

Hi Werner! Yes it is, it's NMM. I'm glad you liked it. About the face, I painted it following a zenithal lighting approach and I didn't try to make her look like the typical woman, that is why there are many shadows that mark her face and make her quite rough.

Werner Kellens said...

Do you've a tutorial or do you know a great turorial for NMM?