Thursday, April 10, 2014

About the casts of the Kasrkin Sergeant in 54mm

Many of you have already asked me for copies of the Kasrkin Sergeant after I published photos of the painted miniature. This post is to tell you a bit more about the casts.


In short, the casts of the miniature are NOT FOR SALE. The miniature is based on the original artwork of Karl Kopinski for Games Workshop and therefore it can't be commercialized for the intellectual property problems that it would cause. Karl has also seen the miniature and he told me he loved it (which is a great honour for me because I am a huge FAN of his work). Therefore, the casts that I made are for my own use and personal enjoyment, for my friends, and also to be used by students in some of my courses to practice the things we explain there (some of them have already been lucky enough to be able to put their brushes on them).

Therefore, if you want to get any of the very few casts that I made, the best thing to do is sign up for my courses, because we use them to practice what it is taught there. Of course, I also have some casts saved exclusively for my friends and friends of this blog, and for old students of mine, so if you are part of one of these groups and you want to own one, send me an email and we'll talk.

Here are a few photos of one of the casts. As you can see it's a 54mm model and it consists of seven pieces of high quality (courtesy of Bigchild Creatives), where finally we have decided to use a resin body (extraordinary) and the rest in metal.











I am very happy because the result is very "paintable" as I call it. It's one of those miniatures where we avoid sculpted textures, filigrees or reliefs to give more freedom to the painter [it's obvious that the person who sculpted it also paints minis from time to time ;)] and I am already thinking of tons of different colour schemes so I will probably paint an alternate version. Maybe in red? :)



No comments: