Monday, April 7, 2014

Impressions about my workshops in Barcelona this weekend

This weekend I was in Barcelona to teach a couple of workshops of the painting course (in Spanish) called "Teoría y Técnicas a Pincel". This should have taken place long ago, but I had my unfortunate bike accident and had to postpone them. These were two very intense days where I think a lot of people have benefitted enourmously from the time and effort invested, and they have learned many interesting things of my very heavy theory lecture of the beginning.

Saturday session people and Ivan Serra

I want to thank all the people who attended this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, for the meals, dinners, drinks and endless laughs. Oh, and to the Monkey! Especially to Dani for its immense hospitality, for opening the doors of his house and treating me so well. And of course, to Toni and Marc, my brothers for far beyond the Wall ;). It's been a tremendous pleasure visiting Barcelona with such good friends.

Con Marc Masclans en la Sagrada Familia

I think that we are going to see lots of improvement in the painting skills of these guys because, even with the weird faces of confusion during the theory (haha), I could read tons of motivation and illusion to learn in between the lines, and that is the most important thing of all. Remember that the key is to never give up to frustration, always keep on practicing and painting a lot. Being constant and tenacious will lead us wherever you wish, the limit is yours to set!

Dani, our host for the weekend

Toni and I with the Monkey, patron of Badalona

Some of the attendees have already written their impressions about the course and they are very positive. Here is one of them (in Spanish):

The experience has been so positive that probably there will more sessions in Barcelona in the near future. Keep on working and paint because you will need to have a miniature completely finished to your highest standard for the next session!

Let me use this opportunity again to remind you about my section to the blog about courses (in Spanish still since all these courses in Spain are done in Spanish). It has been included in the Spanish version of the blog but I will also put it in the international part because at some point in the near future I will translate it and offer it also for courses in English. So make sure you tune in to that section because there you will be able to be informed of everything concerning my painting courses, what types there are and what kind of painters they are aimed at.

Courses section in Volomir's Blog (currently in Spanish)

I am working hard in this section so for now you'll see it is work in progress (especially because it's in Spanish as of now), but I will complete it soon. Remember that if you are interested in organizing any course, the best thing to do is send me an email because all the courses are organized on demand, like the ones organized by my good friend John, in The Weekend Workshop, where I will be giving my second workshop in the UK very soon. So if you want a workshop close to your land, what are you waiting for? :)

2 comments:

MrLee said...

Buen amigo de correos. No puedo esperar hasta que la clase en Cambridge en mayo! Mirando hacia adelante a la reunión con usted y aprender cómo se trabaja el cepillo! Hasta entonces, ¡salud!

Rafael García Marín said...

Pronto... muy pronto... ;)